Self Promotion: Learn From the Original Master!
P.T, Barnum was a master at self promotion.
Phineas Taylor (P.T.) Barnum was one of America’s greatest entrepreneurs.
His strategies might be exactly what you need to grow your business.
Barnum invented many marketing methods that modern business schools continue to study his techniques. He was one of the first adopters of many aspects of marketing which are widely known today. Here are just a few highlights:
- Started a traveling show that would later become the Barnum & Bailey (now Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey) circus. “The greatest show on earth”
- Traveled from city to city by train, delighting millions of people looking for some entertainment.
- Successfully promoted an international opera star in front of a new audience in the United States, where she was completely unknown.
- Labeled a five-year old child with dwarfism “Tom Thumb,” made him an international icon, and arranged for him to meet with Queen Victoria.
- Opened the American Museum in New York City, featuring thousands of curiosities and attractions which brought in around 400,000 visitors a year (a huge number for the mid 1800s!)
- Wrote a book about building wealth called The Art of Money Getting, a surprisingly good read with some solid advice and not the get rich quick schemes you’d expect.
Read More From Corey Pemberton
What about your business? Could you use some help? Consider Self Promoting in the Digital Marketing Age following the ideas of PT Barnum! If you know somebody who can help you with this, call them today! If you don’t – I can help you with that!
Copyright 2015 BIG Marketing Solutions
Lonn Dugan, President and One Man Marketing Band
Learn more at www.BigMarketingSolutions.com